Starved in a Foreign Land

In this week I've been abroad, I have been periodically - actually, daily - craving 
something besides Korean food. Although I reserve breakfast for my daily bread, rice , and cereal, which I've been eating since as long as I can remember, lunch and dinner are almost always Korean affairs. Of course, we eat pizza outside once in awhile, but it bears almost no resemblance to its American progenitor. I crave the salt and grease of a patriotism-inducing pepperoni-and-sausage pizza. Ironically, this situation inversely mirrors the one I was in while backpacking through Singapore. Back then, I craved the spicy richness of Korean food, so you can imagine my ecstatic surprise when I found an Italian market that had Shin Ramen. It's times like this when I realize just how Indonesia I am and need variety. God bless( food)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment